Monday, December 10, 2012

PEACH MANGO GUACAMOLE




Have you ever had the Santa Barbara Mango Peach Salsa at Costco? Costco is like my home, I go there once a week, 5 months ago I went to costco and I see peach-mango salsa, I was like?! what? it's that good? never have that before, lol. So I bought it and try, it's pretty good, have a sweet taste in it. And I think... how about I make them in to guacmole?! I try to make it and it turned out soooooo damn yum. The power of deductive reasoning. I really love the combination of avocados and mangos!!! All my frds love it when I make them this dish!!!! 

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes




You Need:

  • 2 ripe avocados (should be buttery soft) 
  • 1 cup of Salsa
  • 1 peach
  • 1 mango, diced small
  • 1 4.5 oz can green chiles
  • 2 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 lime, only needed if you will not be eating it right away
  • Tortilla chips
  • 2 TBS peach preserves (apricot preserves works as well) 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste) 
Tips:

Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, and strip away the skin. 
Place the avocado meat in a large bowl mash it well.
Mix the acocado with the salsa, mango,peach preserves, salt, and lime juice.
With a fork, smash until desired consistency is reached.
Grab a handful of tortilla chips and dive in.


No comments:

Post a Comment